The New York Times
The Student Government Association at the University of Memphis is pleased to announce that as of Friday, September, 6, 2019 it will now be providing complimentary access to NYTimes.com, for all faculty, students, and staff at the university.
In addition to NYTimes.com access, The University of Memphis will also have access to curricular and co-curricular New York Times learning tools at NYTimesInEducation, which can be used to engage our campus community. This is a great resource for faculty
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.access.
Follow the instructions below for registration to gain access to these websites. If you encounter access issues, please fill out the report access problem form.
|Create Account||Already have an account?|
|1. Navigate to accessnyt.com||1. Navigate to accessnyt.com|
|2. Search for /University of Memphis||2. Search for /University of Memphis|
|3. If you are on campus, select 'click here', if you are off-campus select 'Go' and log-in through your library's website. You will be redirected to the NYT welcome page.||3. If you are on campus, select 'click here', if you are off-campus select 'Go' and log-in through your library's website. You will be redirected to the NYT welcome page.|
|4. Click "Create Account” and complete registration fields. Once completed, you may navigate directly to nytimes.com from any web-enabled device.||4. Click "Already have an account? Log in here"|
|5. Log in with existing NYT username / password|
6. If you are a student, you will need to enter your graduation date. Once completed, your digital access will be restored and you can navigate directly to nytimes.com from any web-enabled device.
Key features included in UofM NYTimes' digital subscription:
- Online archives (dating back to 1851). (1923-1980 are limited access)
- Interactive media (graphics, charts, maps, polls, custom content)
- Video library (spanning all sections)
- NYT app for mobile devices
- Daily 360 content - two dimensional videos that provide 360° views (with mobile device or mouse)
- NYT “Watching” - TV and movie recommendations (with personalization option)
- Podcasts (including our popular "Daily" podcast, “Caliphate,” and “Dear Sugar,” among others)
- Newsletters (there are a variety of topics that you may subscribe to)
- Article history and Save options (across platforms)
- Article comment permissions
- Real-Time Market Data Information & Company Research Pages-provide real-time global snapshots of US and World Markets, Funds, Currencies, Bonds & Consumer Rates powered by Thomson Reuters.