The Cantor Sect
The Cantor Sect is THE Undergraduate Math Club. We meet approximately every other week during the semester. All students who are interested in Mathematics and/or its culture are welcome to join. Activities include:
- Invited lectures delivered by faculty and students from Math, Physics, Computer Science,
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Problems for Dollars (solve a math problem - get a dollar! or maybe two!)
- Watching mathematically-related videos and movies.
- Intra-university Knowledge Bowl contests (Physics - watch out!).
- Pot-luck dinners (usually paired with a movie).
- The occasional an off-campus activity like bowling or paint-ball.
- We also host the annual Distinguished Lecturer Series in Mathematics, an all-campus event featuring an internationally-known mathematician who addresses current issues in mathematics in a publically-oriented lecture.
Visit our Departmental Calendar for upcoming events.